Thursday, February 28, 2008

What a birthday!

Wow, what a birthay. Yesterday Shane & I stayed home sick and Emmaline spend the day and night with her Grandmommy & Poppy. I went back to work today and Shane went to the doctor who told him he didn't technically have the flu but had all the symptoms so he was going to treat him as if he had the flu. Both my grandparents have had the flu & now my grandma has pnemonia to go with it. So, needless to say, we didn't do much for my birthday today. My Para brought me cupcakes & ice cream, Emmie sent me a balloon & bear, I went by to see Emmie (she's staying one more night just to be safe), went to dinner with Lori & Connor, and came home to take care of poor ol' Shane!

But boy do we miss our baby right now. At least I got to get a little sugar before I left her. I think Shane is going through withdrawals and may need medical attention!

Emmaline is growing up so fast. She's sitting in her bumbo chair, loves to talk to the ceiling fan, is sleeping through most of the night (maybe getting up once or twice), and is smiling and talking so much now! We went to the doctor for her 2 month check up last week and ol' chubbers weighs in at 12.5 pounds. Shane wants to put her on a diet. She's right on target for her height and development.

She did pretty well with her shots. Bless her heart, she didn't even see them coming. She's just sitting there in her diaper after being checked out and BAM, she's stuck in the leg. If you could have seen the look on her face it was like "What the heck just happened here!" and then she began to scream. I really thought Shane was going to cry. It was so sweet. She slept pretty much the rest of the day and did pretty good about not being cranky like we expected her to be.

I'll post more pictures soon and I apologize for the black ones. I can't figure out what's wrong but I'll keep working on it. Until then, leave us some love!

No comments: